MARION FULKER is the inaugural Chief Executive of the Committee for Perth Ltd. She took up the position in January 2007 having previously been the Executive Director of the Urban Development Institute of Australia (UDIA) WA Division. Marion is an Adjunct Senior Research Fellow at The University of Western Australia and holds an MBA from Curtin Graduate School of Business. She is currently undertaking an Exec Masters in Cities at London School of Economics and Politics.
As an evidenced based organisation, Marion has led a number of landmark Committee for Perth research projects which have resulted in reports such as:-
- Towards a Bright Future outlining two scenarios for Perth as a region of 3.5 million people
- Filling the Pool a roadmap to at grow the number of women participating and progressing in corporate life in Perth
- Get a Move On! a roadmap for a mobile and connected future for the region
- Perth’s Pathway to Prosperity a strategy for economic prosperity and diversity for Perth & Peel
- Hashtag Perth is underway with the aim of repositioning Perth to enhance its reputation.
In the past decade, Marion has undertaken study tours throughout the USA, Europe, Scandinavia, Australasia and the UK to examine how cities work. Her research focus has been on a range of topics including inner city vibrancy, urban renewal, economic development and public transport.
In 2015 Marion was named as one of Australia’s 100 Women of Influence and in 2016 was the winner of the WA Telstra Business Woman of the Year in the For Purpose & Social Enterprise category. In 2017 she was named as a finalist in the Western Australia of the Year Awards and in 2019 was inducted into the Women’s Hall of Fame. Marion’s opinions on Perth’s future are regularly sought by government, industry and the media.